Solved

One parent travelling with 3 kids, one under 4

• 24 February 2024
  • 5 replies

• New aboard
  • 2 replies

I’m hoping to travel this spring with my 3 kids, one of whom is under 4.  The rules say that one parent can take two kids but under 4s don’t need a pass.   So the other two kids can use the child pass associated with the parent but can I still take the 2 year old without issues? 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 25 February 2024, 00:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you don't get a pass for the child under 4, the child is not entitled to a seat of its own, and you will need to have the child on your lap all the time. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Although the child under 4 d=isn't entitled to their won seat, it very much depends on the train whether there will be a free seat. In regional trains or trains with optional reservations, there may well be free seats available. If you stay away from the busy holiday weekends (Easter, Ascension day and Whitsun weekends) then trains won't be too busy yet, although there will always be exceptions.

Although the child under 4 d=isn't entitled to their won seat, it very much depends on the train whether there will be a free seat. In regional trains or trains with optional reservations, there may well be free seats available. If you stay away from the busy holiday weekends (Easter, Ascension day and Whitsun weekends) then trains won't be too busy yet, although there will always be exceptions.

Thank you for replying. My question was more about whether I would be permitted to bring my 2 year old despite having two children with me already.  Are you able to advise please? Thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you for replying. My question was more about whether I would be permitted to bring my 2 year old despite having two children with me already.  Are you able to advise please? Thanks! 

Sure, that's no problem.

Sure, that's no problem.

Super, thank you rvdborgt!