Solved

Ordered a pass 2 weeks ago. I have been charged but did not receive anything.

I ordered a pass 2 weeks ago, the payment went right and got charged for the amount but i did not receive a pass or a code afterthat.

I made multiple tweets, dm’s and created a ticket but still did not receive any answer. Anyone here that can help me?

icon

Best answer by Joris Mathijssen 8 June 2022, 14:58

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Did you order a paper pass or a mobile pass?

What does it say in the order overview in your Interrail account? If you ordered a mobile pass, the pass number should be visible there. You can also resend the confirmation mail. If you ordered a paper pass, the status should also be visible.

The best way to contact customer support is via this form. If you did that, did you also mention when your first travel date is? That is an important factor in prioritising the requests.

• I did order a mobile pass
  • The overview is empty. It looks like there was no order.
  • I did use that form and specified that i will be traveling in a couple of months.

No bad things for the support people! They  are probably working very hard to solve all the issues.

But to have a order system where i can place a order of over 500 euro's without receiving any confirmation is not great.

I work IT in the public transport sector, especially selling tickets. It should not be possible to capture someone's money without having any follow up for the user. There should be a fail safe for that.

We send messages to users if anything goes wrong.

This is a failing system and to the looks of the reviews/posts in the past year it has happen very often.

I have received a reply today. 

Solution: Refund because their IT systems failed creating a order for me. Now i have to pay the full 893 euros instead of 447. No discount will be applied. 

I have booked some hotels already because i thought this was just a simple issue…

Worst service i had ever had.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That's not a solution but a workaround.

Keep pressuring them until you receive the difference. You bought an Interrail for 447€ and are entitled to receive that. The fact that their IT failed does not change that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I have received a reply today. 

Solution: Refund because their IT systems failed creating a order for me. Now i have to pay the full 893 euros instead of 447. No discount will be applied. 

I have booked some hotels already because i thought this was just a simple issue…

Worst service i had ever had.

In my view as they charged you they made a valid contract and you should be able to get the pass for the discounted price as it´s not your fault that their IT System failed.

Till yet Customer Service was usually quite customer oriented in my experience.