Solved

OULX-CESANA-CLAV TO ST JEAN DE MAURIENNE ARVAN - BUS

• 20 May 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hello. Due to a landslide, I have been advised that I need to take a replacement bus from Oulx-Cessna to St Jean De Maurienne Arian. I would appreciate a link to where I can do this. I have reserved seats on our journey to this point and now seek the assistance of the community. Thank you once again.

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 20 May 2024, 16:54

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

What's your entire journey like? Which date? There is a daily replacement bus for the TGV (direct), included in the passholder fare (30€ I think).

Otherwise you should consider alternative routes:

- via Switzerland -> engineering works on the Simplon route from mid-June to mid-September

- minibus across the Fréjus tunnel to Modane* + SNCF replacement bus to Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne or Champéry

If Lyon is your end point the easiest way will be to take a Flixbus from Turin.

*timetables are quite hidden but I could look them up in French for you.

Badge

We are travelling from Avigliana to Annecy. We are ok with the replacement bus, but have not had any success to book the above-mentioned section. 

Badge

The EURAIL app says that a seat reservation is required. We are travelling on 10 June. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I don't know how it would work with an Interrail/Eurail pass. I guess your best bet is to call SNCF. Otherwise:

- option A: you go back to Turin during the day and buy a Turin - Chambéry ticket through SNCF for 19€ (incl. replacement bus). Annecy by 9:15pm.

- option B (allows an earlier arrival): train from Avigliana to Bardonecchia and then minibus under the mountain. Interesting route, little adventure! ;)

Let me write how it would look:

- R Avigliana - Bardonecchia 12:43 - 13:42

- Minibus Bardonecchia - Modane 14:00 - 14:30 -> they wait for the train. Tickets 3.60€, buy onboard.

- little break

- Bus Modane - St-Michel-Valloire 15:48 - 16:08

- TER St-Michel-Valloire - Chambéry 16:18 - 17:30

- TER Chambéry - Annecy 18:00 - 18:57

There's also a 6:43am departure if you prefer (Annecy at 1:15pm). More here: https://www.valfrejus.com/commerce-et-service/navette-modane-bardonecchia-modane/

Badge

Me again. I have looked at option B and love the idea of the transfer from Bardonecchia to Modane through the Fréjus tunnel. Thank you so much. 

Badge

We took your advice. Unfortunately the 10:44 train was cancelled (which we knew in advance), and we just missed the 8:44 train. We waited at Avigliana station and caught the 11:44 train. We connected with both buses you referred to in option B. We decided to stay in Aix Les Bains Le Revard tonight & tomorrow. We will take the train to and from Annecy tomorrow for sightseeing. Thank you once again for your clear advice.