Solved

Outbound/inbound journey allowance

hi, i’m slightly confused about the outbound/inbound journey rules and would just like some reassurance. 

I have a one month continuous global pass (mobile). On my first day of travel i plan to get the train into London where i will then change stations and use the euro star to get to Brussels. Similarly, on my last day of travel i will be getting the eurostar back from Paris then getting the train home from London on the same day. 

So my question is will i be allowed to take two trains on my outbound/inbound journeys as long as they are on the same day?

icon

Best answer by Angelo 22 July 2022, 17:58

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes, that is possible and how it should be done. In fact you could take 5-6 trains In GB on both days to reach the tiniest of small stations if so needed-as long as all are on same day.

Good luck with finding seats on the €* tunnel train.

Yes, that is possible and how it should be done. In fact you could take 5-6 trains In GB on both days to reach the tiniest of small stations if so needed-as long as all are on same day.

Good luck with finding seats on the €* tunnel train.

thank you so much! 

our seats are already booked thankfully, was just having a last minute panic about how many trains we could get! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As long as the train you board are between 00.00-23.59 CET they count as one travel day. As you travel in the UK you need to be observant regarding the time zone. Interrail uses CET.

As long as the train you board are between 00.00-23.59 CET they count as one travel day. As you travel in the UK you need to be observant regarding the time zone. Interrail uses CET.

thank you that’s good to know!

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Where have you found this about 23:59 CET? (actually CET in summer doesnt make that much sense at all...)

Anyway, I cant read something like this in the conditions:

https://www.interrail.eu/content/dam/pdfs/terms-and-conditions/CoU%20SCIC-RPT_v7.pdf

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

In Summer it is CEST. 

I found something about when to cancel a travel day, so that it will not start.