Solved

Outbound was counted twice (as Out- and Inbound) although it was a one-way journey to get out but overnight

• 21 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Hey there!
I traveled from Berlin to Barcelona using two travel days. I started with an swiss over-night train from Berlin to Karlsruhe. From there I took a french TGV to Paris. 
It was counted as two travel days which I planned with.
BUT: Also they counted both of my outbound and inbound travels which doesn’t make sense to me due to the fact, I was traveling non-stop from Berlin to Barcelona.
How can I fix it? (As no one of support team seems to be reachable and I want to use my inbound travel soon).
Many thanks for any advice!
Nina

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 21 April 2023, 18:49

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi, did you change trains after midnight in Germany? Than you have to use 2 Inbound/Outbound days.

Yes but that was not my question:) 

I know that it is two days and that's fine.

But this one trip shouldn't be  as both "outbound" and "inbound" counted. That's my issue 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes but that was not my question:) 

I know that it is two days and that's fine.

But this one trip shouldn't be  as both "outbound" and "inbound" counted. That's my issue 

You boarded trains in Germany on 2 days. That means 2 travel days AND 2 inbound/outbound days.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The outbound/inbound rule says that you can board trains on a maximum of 2 travel days in your country of residence.

As you have now used both your travel days in Germany, you will need to buy a normal ticket from the German border point when travelling back to Germany.