Solved

Overnight train without transfer needs additional travel day according to the app

• 16 August 2022
  • 3 replies

URGENT

Dear all,

According to the website it would cost only one travelling day when boarding a train before 23:59 and not transferring after this time. However when I try to plan a train ride from Budapest to Prague the app shows the exact opposite. This direct connection departing at 19:40 from Budapest and arriving at 08:42 show a +1 travel day between brackets. This is not the only occurrence !! As you can imagine I am very disappointed by this, seeing that I wanted to maximise my traveling days by travelling over night. Moreover my (and my fellows) trip was planned keeping in mind that we could use over night trains using 1 travel day. 

I was hoping you could help me understand this.

Kind regards,

Fabienne van Puijfelik

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 16 August 2022, 07:57

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There is indeed some complicated things around this connection-as the direct through cars start later from Bp-check timings. Maybe you looked at temporary old timings-due to reroutings due to landslide blocking direct line till some time ago should be back to normal around this time.

As the travel time as such is far shorter and he train when dep. Bp consists of several portions-in Breclav, CZ border station, the whole things get shunted and combined with other train from Wien and also stands there for a few hrs. The app is unable to handle change of train nrs. Get it done manually.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The planner indeed shows "+1” (NOT "+1 travel day”). This is to indicate that you arrive the next day. It will still only be one travel day.

Thank you all for the answers!!!!