Paper or mobile

I'm new to this. Any thoughts about what is more easy: paper or mobile pass?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

When are you planning to travel? The delivery time for a paper pass is around 8 weeks at the moment.

I personally have chosen a paper pass for this summer for my daughter's and my Interrail trip. Then I avoid the risk of having trouble with the mobile pass app in the phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I'm new to this. Any thoughts about what is more easy: paper or mobile pass?

Currently iam still paper as the app have some errors :/

Note you can buy the Paperpass even on many ticket offices across Europe :) (so no need to wait the 8weeks deliverytime like currently on Interrail.eu )

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Easier, paper, no question. paper never runs out of battery, doesn’t require an internet connection, doesn’t have random glitches, fails to update or gets an update that breaks it.

I’d also go with filling in the paper diary as well, for all the same reasons.

The only downside is currently the difficulty getting a paper pass from iinterrail in any reasonable timeframe, if you are in a country that still has offices who will issue them on the spot then that is another plus.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Definitely paper pass.

Nothing to worry about (except if you loose it, but lets don’t think about that). Just take a pen and fill in the travel diary the trains you take… and as a plus you’ll have a nice memory of your trip.

I am not sure if NS is still selling interrail tickets, but you might try there. Otherwise buy them in Germany or in Belgium should be also possible.

Delivery with Interrail website takes too long time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Papier kan je bij NS alaminute kopen, maar enkel in AMS en S´hol. EN ze kunnen ook nog-mits je je goed voorbereidt-veel RES doen die zo moeilijk uitpakken (vooral FR-niet voor ESpana). Wel wordt 7,50 extra aan kosten berekend.
bij papier moet je wel meteen bij koop 1e dag vastleggen en dat is niet meer te wijzigen. Bij mobiel is dat naar keuze.