Solved

Paper pass didn't arrive

• 30 April 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi community! On March 28 I bought a global pass in paper format. It should have arrived on or before April 28, according to the same Eurail.com information, but the pass never arrived. I searched in PostNL track and trace and it appeared that the package had been sent to my country Chile. However, when I called the post office in my country and asked about the package, they told me that it had not cleared customs yet, so the sender (Eurail) was responsible for the problem. I am traveling today, April 30, and obviously I will not have the pass in my possession.My query is as follows: in Lisbon, will I be able to claim Eurail and demand a change of pass, from paper to Mobile? It's possible? Or will I have to settle for losing my money?Note: I recently discovered this forum. Too bad I didn't know about your warnings about Eurail and its passes.

icon

Best answer by Sebastian Emil Sørensen 30 April 2022, 07:33

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

You’re right. If you buy from an EU company, the sender is always responsible for the shipment. It’s not your fault. So no, I don’t think you should worry about losing your money. :-)

But you can’t claim a pass in Lisbon as Interrail is responsible, not the railway company in Portugal. 

If it was up to me, I would buy a new pass and claim a refund for the other one.

@rvdborgt what do you think? 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes, you'll have to buy a new one. The sender is responsible as long as the delivery address is correct, so Eurail will have to refund any extra costs.

Unfortunately, You can't buy a paper Eurail pass at the Eurail aid offices in Portugal, according to this list.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Maybe you could search for a cheap bus, to get to the aid office in Madrid, Spain? Flixbus has several journeys a day, prices between €20-40.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Maybe you could search for a cheap bus, to get to the aid office in Madrid, Spain?

Do they sell Eurail passes there? The list doesn't say anything about that.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@Daniel Mellado Valdés @rvdborgt is right, maybe it’s better to double check the Spanish Railways by phone.

At least the list doesn’t say that they don’t sell them, like for the Portuguese aid centers. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Another option is to buy the mobile pass and request a refund of the extra costs (certainly if you bought a discounted pass).