Skip to main content

Hi all,

I have purchased an interrail paper pass (7 travel days over 1 month), and was wondering what would happen if i recorded a train journey, but not actually boarding the train

As I understand it, I can travel indefinetely within the same travel day. So what would happen if I document a journey, but actually miss the train? Can I just add a new journey for the next train? Or maybe I wish not to board the next train, because it has become too late. Can I simply cross it out and add another journey?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

Marcus

You should not enter the train in the pass until you know that you will board the train. You are not allowed to cross out a train. If a train is delayed and you board the train you should enter the original departure time.

You should not enter the train in the pass until you know that you will board the train. You are not allowed to cross out a train. If a train is delayed and you board the train you should enter the original departure time.

Hi Anna, thanks for responding - it makes total sense.

Do you know what will happen if I actually were to write the wrong trip? I am just really worried that I won’t have time to write the new trip for changes with short transfer time. 

Would you recommend writing the trip info before arriving at the station, but risking missing the next train due to short transfer time? Or should I always write it just before entering the train?

Again, thanks in advance. I really appreciate the help <3

Best regards,

Marcus

No stress needed. Don't worry too much about writing it wrong. Trains and its destinations are usually well displayed. If you write the wrong journey, just fill out the correct one on the next line or explain it to the ticket inspector. Just don't try to erase, that always looks suspicious :) 

If you really have a short transfer time and need to rush, just fill out the line of pass out on the train. It takes just a couple of seconds, but just do it immediately after boarding. 

In some bigger stations in the biggest cities (e.g. UK, France, Spain, sometimes Italy) you'll find pre boarding checks, than you'll need to fill it out before they'll lzt you board of course. 

No stress needed. Don't worry too much about writing it wrong. Trains and its destinations are usually well displayed. If you write the wrong journey, just fill out the correct one on the next line or explain it to the ticket inspector. Just don't try to erase, that always looks suspicious :) 

If you really have a short transfer time and need to rush, just fill out the line of pass out on the train. It takes just a couple of seconds, but just do it immediately after boarding. 

In some bigger stations in the biggest cities (e.g. UK, France, Spain, sometimes Italy) you'll find pre boarding checks, than you'll need to fill it out before they'll lzt you board of course. 

Thank you so much Brendan, that is really reassuring😅😊