Solved

Pass cancellation mobile pass

• Right on track
  • 6 replies

We have two mobile passes and want to cancel them. We already added 2 of 4 travel days (in one month) but deleted them again, so the passes are deactivated. How can we cancel them to get the money (or a part of the money back). The first travel day that we added is in the future so we have not started the pass.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 12 May 2022, 21:47

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You need to log in to your Interrail account and look for the section about refund. There you can cancel your pass if your pass is refundable. This is if you bought the pass through Interrail.

There it says: “You currently have no orders eligible for a refund”

How is it possible? The two passes are deactivated and the first travel day is in the future?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Have you deleted all trips connected to the passes?

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/ordering-info/refund-exchange-policy

Yes, i deleted the trips connected to the passes in the app and deleted also the travelling days. Nevertheless it’s not possible to refund the passes when i’m logged in with my account on the website.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Is it a promotional pass? If so, when did you buy it and what does the confirmation mail say about the refund conditions?

No, it is a normal pass with 4 travel days in 1 month (185€). In the confirmation mail it says: “Refundable for a fee of 15% of the pass price or exchangeable for a €15 fee. Submit your application before the first day of travel on your passport”

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You need to log in to your Interrail account and look for the section about refund. There you can cancel your pass if your pass is refundable. This is if you bought the pass through Interrail.

OK, if cancellation doesn't work via the website after deactivating your pass, you need to contact customer service.

I already wrote an e-mail but they they haven't replied yet, i hope that they will answer… have you ever written to the service and did they answer?

Just another question, mabye thats the problem: i added the passes in the app to my account, but they are deactivated and not connected to a trip at the moment. Do i have to add them also on the website to my account? I don't see the the passes anywhere when i’m logged in (in the website). Is this a possible reason?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You need to claim the refund from the same Interrail account where you purchased the passes. Or did you not purchase the passes through Interrail?

We purchased the passes through Interrail and I only have one account so it’s not possible that I used a wrong account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you already wrote to customer service, then you'll need to wait.

I hope they’all answer because it’s the last option i think