Solved

Pass Cover Number Generator creates number that starts with EU, it this correct?

• 1 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi, I recently bought a Greek Islands paper pass, and I'm waiting for it to arrive. When I look at the default trip on the Eurail site, I can see the cover number that is generated by default, which has the format EU + 8numbers. I see everywhere the pass should be just E + 8 digits, but on the rail planner app and everywhere I try to use it it shows as invalid. How is this possible? I found a valid format could be E1+7digits (that is, the first digit should be a 1, but my first digit is 3, which is invalid, apparently), has anyone found a similar problem? Is it okay if I book seats replacing the first few digits of the cover in the booking? Thank you

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 3 August 2022, 14:43

View original

3 replies

Hi, I recently bought a Greek Islands paper pass, and I'm waiting for it to arrive. When I look at the default trip on the Eurail site, I can see the cover number that is generated by default, which has the format EU + 8numbers. I see everywhere the pass should be just E + 8 digits, but on the rail planner app and everywhere I try to use it it shows as invalid. How is this possible? I found a valid format could be E1+7digits (that is, the first digit should be a 1, but my first digit is 3, which is invalid, apparently), has anyone found a similar problem? Is it okay if I book seats replacing the first few digits of the cover in the booking? Thank you

Hello there,

I believe what you're looking for is a Pass Cover Number (PCN). The number to be filled in is not the EU  order number, but the Pass cover number. You can find it on the paper Pass Cover surrounding your Interrail Pass, on the upper right hand side of your Travel Diary. In the example picture on this page this number starts with A001.

If your Pass cover number does not work, to obtain a different Pass Cover Number, you can use our PCN generator on our website! Please follow this link https://www.interrail.eu/en/book-reservations#/generatePassCoverNumber , and enter your mobile Pass number.

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Annie

Hi Annie, thanks for your response.

You are right, I look for the Pass Cover Number. But if this (on the image) is not it, then why is it labelled as such? The trip was automatically created when I bought the passes. Is it an issue only for me, for Greek Island passes, or for all Eurail customers? I won’t receive the physical passes until the day before I have to travel, and by then the ferries will likely be fully booked...

Okay, so I thought I may give an update: I ended up just making up the number for the booking (it has to start with "E1" and the rest doesn't matter). When we got to the ferry nobody asked for the Eurail passes or checked anything, not even our passport. Smh.