Solved

Pass cover number required for multi country seat reservations

• 25 April 2022
  • 8 replies

We are a family of 6 travelling through Europe and I’m trying to make seat reservations. Unfortunately this is proving to be extremely time-consuming, difficult and frustrating. I tried to make seat reservations from Paris to London via the Eurail website and app, and am unable to find seats for July 2022. I could find the seats through a different website (b-europe), however in order to book a reservation I am required to enter a pass cover number, which I do not have since I purchased a mobile pass.  I’d also appreciate some help in booking seat reservations from Montpellier to Geneva, and Zurich to Paris.

icon

Best answer by seewulf 25 April 2022, 08:15

View original

8 replies

@Nanja I saw that you were able to help others. Can you please help me? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Montpellier - Geneva & Zürich - Paris are quite expensive reservation :/

Montpellier to Geneva you may reserve for 10€ or 20€ per Person a TGV to Lyon and catch from Lyon to Geneva a reservation free TER (Regionaltrain) as a International TGV reservation to switzerland can be more than 30€ :/ 

Zürich - Paris
You could go by normaltrains to Basel
From Basel with a TER to Muhlhouse (connection to Paris Gare du Lyon) or Strassbourg (connection to Paris Gare de Est)
And catch from Muhlhouse or Strassbourg then a TGV to Paris with seats for 10€ or 20€ instead of the expensive International TGV Reservation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Sure @Triviagirl , I've just sent one over to you via a private message. 

@seewulf I’m trying to book a day trip from Madrid to Cordoba using the Eurail pass but I’m unable to make a seat reservation. Do you know if there’s any work around for this trip? Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Reservations for domestic trains in Spain cannot be booked online and are only available on paper.

The only possibilities I know are:

• At a ticket office in Spain.
  • Via Spanish railways (RENFE) by phone, with limitations, see this list and scroll down to Spain.
  • Via German Railways (at the station or by phone, +49 30 2970, but then they need to be sent via the post).

The easiest is often to book at the first station in Spain where you can get to the ticket office.

Thanks for the information @rvdborgt. I am getting to Spain a day before I would like to take this day trip from Madrid to Cordoba, and I’m concerned that no seat reservation might be available at that time. Can I get my friend in Spain to reserve seats for me or would she need my Eurail pass information to do that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

1 day in advance can be short. I'd say it's worth a try to have your friend in Spain do it. They might ask for the pass but she can then explain that she has to do it this way because Spanish railways are making our lives hard… or something similar :)

Thanks for the helpful suggestions. I have asked my friend to check if she can do the seat reservations for me. She is currently out of the country and will try to do this after she returns. Will update when I hear back.