I’m pretty overwhelmed trying to figure out what passes may be necessary for June 2023 trip for 4 travelers (2 adults, 2 youth). Could someone assist? Generally, I think my questions are:
- Do we need Global Passes, and what exactly will it cover/not cover of the travel locations below? If not, what do you suggest? Is an extra pass required within Germany, Switzerland, Austria, or Italy?
- Are there certain times or lines which might require actual reservations? If so, should I book those far in advance or a couple days prior?
Below is our itinerary:
- Day 1 (13 Jun 2023): Arrive at Vienna airport, get to Westbanhof (Might this be covered by Global Pass?),
- Day 2 - Vienna (will Global pass cover getting to and from Westbahnhof to Stephansplatz/Vienna?)
- Day 3 - Vienna to Salzburg
- Day 4 - Salzburg to Munich
- Day 4-5- In and around Munich (Does Global pass cover travel within Munich, To/From Dachau?)
- Day 6 - Munich to Zurich, then Zurich to Lucerne (This is where I get really confused. Are Switzerland’s trains included with Global Pass or do I need something extra?)
- Day 7 - Lucern to Interlaken, then to Lauterbrunnen (More swiss confusion)
- Day 8 - from Lauterbrunnen to Jungraujoch and back to Lauterbrunnen
- Day 9 - Lucern to Bern (Can we travel in and around Bern or do we need some sort of City pass?)
- Day 10 - Bern to Murten to Gruyeres to Bern (Really confused what may or may not be included with Global pass here)
- Day 11 - Bern to Verona, italy (Is there a recommended route? high speed vs. scenic route, etc? Are advanced reservations required for this?)
- day 12 - Back and forth from Verona to Venice
Apologies for being so confused. Any general and/or detailed advice is sincerely appreciated.
Best answer by thibcabeView original