Solved

Pass isn't valid in my home country...? Mobile app

• 11 September 2022
  • 4 replies

-I have a Interrail One Country Pass Germany.
-I am both resident in, and official citizen of The Netherlands.

I want to plan a trip from Hengelo (NL) To Berlin (GE) on September 14th. But when I try to make a ticket with the app’s QR slider button, it says “Your pass isn’t valid in some of these countries”

How can I solve this issue? I’ve read you should be able to travel in your home country. My ID number which i entered in the app is from The Netherlands.

The only clue I have is that the ID number is blank on the Order overview of the website. I haven’t found an option to add this, but my ID number DOES show up in the mobile app when i go to my pass details.
Also, I logged in on the website with my Google account on which I bought the pass. I couldn’t log in with google at community.eurail.com so im here with my Facebook account. Might be relevant.

No ID number mentioned on website

icon

Best answer by Yorkie 11 September 2022, 16:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Unfortunately a single country pass is just that. Unlike a Global pass that allows 2 travel days to be used in your own country to assist the use of the pass, a single country pass does not allow use in Netherlands. 

You will need to buy a standard ticket to and from the first German station on your journey.

Unfortunately a single country pass is just that. Unlike a Global pass that allows 2 travel days to be used in your own country to assist the use of the pass, a single country pass does not allow use in Netherlands. 

You will need to buy a standard ticket to and from the first German station on your journey.

In my opinion that difference should have been clarified more properly. The information on the website did not specify that home-country travels are Global-pass only. Here’s what i’ve read. https://www.interrail.eu/nl/support/interested-in-interrailing/which-trains-are-included-in-the-pass 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The information from Interrail is very clear:

https://www.interrail.eu/en/support/interested-in-interrailing/can-i-travel-with-interrail-in-my-own-country

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Actually only up to the border tariff point. Depending on the available fares, it may or may not be cheaper to buy your ticket to the first station in Germany.

You could also exchange your pass for a global pass.