Solved

Passenger Information on German Rail Pass

• 24 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Hi

We have bought German Rail Twin Pass 4 Consecutive Days. On the online ticket, there is only one passenger passport number showing, but we put two names in there, it’s showing two names. Two of us will travel together, is it okay to use this ticket as it is?

The purchasing process is a bit ambiguous when filling the information.

We have already contacted Bahn fahrkartenservice@bahn.de but they replied to let us ask a question on https://www.facebook.com/interrail instead.

Rasheed

icon

Best answer by cdwatkins19 24 August 2022, 11:48

View original

6 replies

Badge +5

You’ll need to contact whoever sold you the pass. I don’t know what a German Twin Pass is 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Did you buy the passes directly from Deutsche Bahn or from Interrail/Eurail?

Badge +5

The Pass you have is DB product and nothing to do with Interrail or Eurail. We won’t be able to help you over this issue sorry! You need to contact the pass issuer

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

For a twin-as the name says it (Zwilling auf /de/) you always have to travel together. Thus 1 passprt ID as such is enough to verify identity for bahn-though in theoretical theory you could indeed sometimes take another sister/brother with you as the one whose other name is on it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The Pass you have is DB product and nothing to do with Interrail or Eurail. We won’t be able to help you over this issue sorry! You need to contact the pass issuer

This is not correct. The German Rail Pass is indeed a DB product, but it is sold both directly by DB and through Eurail.

If @Rasheed Kittinanthapanya bought the pass from Eurail then Eurail is responsible for the pass.

I am agree with @AnnaB that DB should answer this better. They replied us that I should come and ask question on https://www.facebook.com/interrail , but I think I will need to ask them again.

@mcadv , I think you’re right, the ticket should work like that as long as there is one passenger passport there.

@cdwatkins19 , I will try contact them again.

Thank you guys for answering my concern!