Solved

Passes haven't arrived and I leave tomorrow

My daughter and I are leaving for Europe tomorrow.  I ordered paper global passes one month ago and they’re stuck in customs.  I have sent multiple emails and filled out a form requesting a transfer to the online passes, without having to pay the normal fee they charge for that.  I haven’t received any response.  What do I do now?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 8 June 2022, 20:03

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Where are you flying to? At least in Germany, there are some places where I know you can buy paper Eurail passes. Otherwise, buying a mobile pass is an option.

If your passes don't arrive in time, you're entitled to a complete refund. The sender is responsible, as long as the address was correct. Do contact customer support to say that your passes have not arrived, that you were forced to make your own arrangement and that you want a full refund.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What was the delivery date stated when you bought the pass?

The delivery date was stated as 6/9.  The delivery company says they’re both still in customs.

I’m flying to Barcelona.  I contacted customer service.  I guess I’ll just wait for their response…so far, I’ve reached out a few times with nothing but an auto reply.  Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The delivery date was stated as 6/9.  The delivery company says they’re both still in customs.

Ok. But then the passes aren't actually delayed yet as they are meant to be delivered tomorrow. .

I hope that your passes come tomorrow or that you can buy passes in Barcelona or buy a mobile pass.

I would expect the delivery company to have an update if they had been released by customs.  I spoke with them today and they have no update.  Can I get my paper passes transferred to mobile ones?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes, that can be done, but you need to contact Customer Support and they are currently overloaded with work. Use this form and clearly state that you will be travelling tomorrow and that you need immediate assistance. There is no guarantee that you will get an answer in time though. 

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

I sent the form (again), with my predicament clearly explained.  I’ll cross my fingers now.  Thanks.