Solved

Passes ordered with sign in via Facebook. Can't log in to account

I got Eurail passes, but when i ordered them I signed in through facebook, I didn’t create a Eurail account. Now I am trying to activate those passes but when I try to log into my Eurail account and I press log in through facebook, it just sends me back to the Eurail log in page. What can I do?

icon

Best answer by Claudi. 20 August 2022, 09:37

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

To activate a pass, you don’t need to log in. That is all done in the app.

It would be good though if you could log in. Have you already tried clearing the browser cache and deleting the cookies for eurail.com?

I tried to do it in the app but to do it there I need the pass number, which I need to get onto the account to get. I did try clearing cookies and cache but then it repeats the same problem. Essentially, the first time I click on “Continue with Facebook” after clearing cache and cookies, it takes me to a facebook login page, I log in, and then it sends me back to the Eurail login page. Then, if I try again to log in through facebook, this time it immediately sends me back to the Eurail login page. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You should also have received a confirmation e-mail with the pass number. But sometimes it doesn't arrive, so then you need to log in and get the number from there.

For the rest, it probably best to ask customer service. Mention the start date of your trip, so they can prioritise correctly.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello, I hope that this issue has been resolved by now. Generally speaking, if you created an account through either Google or Facebook, you should continue using those credentials. Please do reach out to us via email or Twitter if this issue has not been resolved yet so that we can look into it :) 

A year later and I’m having the exact same issue.  Has there been any resolution?