Skip to main content

Hi all!

I know there is one inbound and one outbound journey for the global passes, but I’m in a very tricky situation. I live in Belgium and would go to Amsterdam, from there take the Eurostar to London that crosses Belgium. For the eurostar you can not buy separate tickets to travel in Belgium without interrail as far as I know.

Would this be allowed or do I need to go around Belgium through Germany to take the Eurostar or travel through Belgium with regular trains, which kind of defeats taking the Eurostar from Amsterdam.

Thanks for any answers!

It may be possible as French people can take London - Brussels Eurostars without using an inbound/outbound journey. However I'd wait for someone official confirmation.

Just as a note : Eurostars from Amsterdam have a very limited capacity (too small departure area) and as there's a quota for passholders, it is rare to find a 35€ seat reservation. First of all check availability here : https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

Check from Rotterdam too.

Otherwise there's another good alternative : daytime or overnight ferry between Hoek van Holland and Harwich -> Stena Line, 30% discount.

It may be possible as French people can take London - Brussels Eurostars without using an inbound/outbound journey. However I'd wait for someone official confirmation.

Just as a note : Eurostars from Amsterdam have a very limited capacity (too small departure area) and as there's a quota for passholders, it is rare to find a 35€ seat reservation. First of all check availability here : https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

Check from Rotterdam too.

Otherwise there's another good alternative : daytime or overnight ferry between Hoek van Holland and Harwich -> Stena Line, 30% discount.

Thanks! I’ll check out all my options. Probably going to see what the official support channels say about this.
As for seat availability, there’s still some free ones on my travel day so I better be quick about it.
The ferry is double the price, so that’s going to be my last resort.

Got replies from both SNCB, NS and Interrail. SNCB says it’s okay, other 2 say it’s not and counts as an in-/outbound journey.

If I’m correct I can use an inbound journey to make this journey through my home country if needed? Or would that not allow me to leave my country right after?

Got replies from both SNCB, NS and Interrail. SNCB says it’s okay, other 2 say it’s not and counts as an in-/outbound journey.

If I’m correct I can use an inbound journey to make this journey through my home country if needed? Or would that not allow me to leave my country right after?

The app will most probably ask to activate an inbound/outbound journey. That has no influence on what you can do after that, other than that 1 inbound/outbound will have been used.

The app will most probably ask to activate an inbound/outbound journey. That has no influence on what you can do after that, other than that 1 inbound/outbound will have been used.

Thanks! I’m using a paper pass so I do have the “freedom” of making a mistake 😅