Solved

Passport number entered but we only have our ID's with us on the trip. How to fix this?

• 19 July 2022
  • 9 replies

When I bought two mobile pass for us, we decide to entered our Passport number. We started the journey now but we took our personal ID Cards with us and not the passports. That means we travel now with wrong Passport Number in our mobile passes, one of the Danish Ttail member told us that and explained to us, that its not alloweded. We tried to fix it on the app, but the mobile app will not let me edit this to the correct passport number.

We wrote to the Interrail Support yesterday but no conformation mail or something else is happend, what can i do further on? 

Is it possible to go further on with the trains if the number isnt correct or we get some issue with the train companies? We have our ID Cards but not the passport. 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 21 July 2022, 17:05

View original

9 replies

Hello Barbara,

In general, if you travel with the old Passports it should not be an issue. Since your names on the Passes match the ones on the Passports/ID there should not be an identification issue. We have changed now this information in our system.

I hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Annie

Hello there!

I am currently with my wife in Germany for a work trip of 5 months. Meanwhile, I applied for my wife’s visa for another country and her passport is with the consulate of that country. She has the photovopy of her passport and her original national ID from Morocco. The passport copy mentions her national ID. Can we travel with Eurorail pass with her national ID card and passport photocopy? 
please let us know asap as we have to buy and activate the mobile pass today and travel tomorrow. 

thanks & regards,

shairoz

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

A photocopy of an ID document is not a valid document, but the national ID card should work for the Eurail pass.

However I doubt that she should travel and cross borders within Europe without her passport. But that is not a question for this Community.  

A photocopy of an ID document is not a valid document, but the national ID card should work for the Eurail pass.

However I doubt that she should travel and cross borders within Europe without her passport. But that is not a question for this Community.  

Thank you for that. So in case of national Id, should i put the national id card number instead of passport ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes, you should put the number of the national ID as ID for the mobile pass.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Please be aware that since we left the EU, ID cards are not acceptable for entry into the UK, only full passports. 

This has always been the case for non-EU citizens but is now applied to all travellers including EU residents.

Yes, you should put the number of the national ID as ID for the mobile pass.  

Thank you so much. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Please be aware that since we left the EU, ID cards are not acceptable for entry into the UK, only full passports. 

This has always been the case for non-EU citizens but is now applied to all travellers including EU residents.

What you need to entry the country is separate from the ID used for a Eurail pass. As ID for Eurail a national ID works.

As I wrote in my first answer I am not sure that it is allowed to use a non European National ID for travels at all within Europe and a photocopy of a pass is definitely not valid.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

What you need to entry the country is separate from the ID used for a Eurail pass. As ID for Eurail a national ID works.

As I wrote in my first answer I am not sure that it is allowed to use a non European National ID for travels at all within Europe and a photocopy of a pass is definitely not valid.

I do not know what the situation in crossing borders between continental Europe is, but I simply knew that if anybody is travelling on ID cards and tries to board Eurostar or any other method of entry, they will be refused entry to the UK. I passed Eurostar check in at Lille last week and there were notices everywhere that passports were mandatory, and they were checked.

I never inferred that was in anyway limiting on the Eurail pass in Europe, or even in the UK.