Solved

Permanent or Temporary EU Residency

Hello, I am not sure if the Interrail or Eurail is the right pass?! I am an Australian citizen but I am living in Germany and have a residency card. In some parts of the website it says you need to be a “permanent resident” in Europe, but in different places on the website it says “legal resident” so I don’t find this clear. Is the Interrail suitable for people who are residents of Europe but not permanent residents? 
Thanks so much for the help!!

icon

Best answer by AVAGASAFARI 12 May 2022, 06:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Seems Ok for you in this case.

Yes, you are eligible to purchase the Interrail pass according to Article 5 of the Interrail’s official website:

5.2          The Customer is eligible to purchase an Interrail Rail Pass, if the Customer is a citizen or official legal resident of: 

• One of the European Union Member states 

or 

• one of the other European countries: Albania, Andorra, Belarus, Bosnia Herzegovina, Faroe Islands, Gibraltar, Iceland, Isle of Man, Kosovo, Liechtenstein, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Norway, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom or Vatican City.

5.4      Citizenship can be proven by means of a valid passport or legal equivalent. Residency can be proven by means of official residence documents issued by the government. This must be a document that clearly proves that the Customer is registered in the country where they live. Such documents vary by country.  

--

Just bring your residency card, or documents proving your residency on board the train.

If you found this helpful, please follow my YouTube channel by Googling AVAGASAFARI for travel adventures!

Thanks so much!!