Solved

Possible to check free spots for reservations before buying a pass?

Hello train friends

How can I make sure I'll still be able to make reservations on the following trajects? 

Brussels- Chambéry on July 22, preferably departure at 8 am 

Chambéry - Genova on July 23, arrival imperative before 7 pm 

It seems impossible to check free spots without a pass number, is this indeed the case?

Worst case I'll have to buy single tickets. But then my pass is pretty useless, so I really want to find out if I still can book reservations before buying one.

Thanks in advance! 

Savame

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 7 July 2022, 01:10

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Online it's not really possible. Interrail does not seem to understand why people want to have this possibility before they buy a pass.

But since you live in Belgium, the best way to book or ask availability is to go to a ticket office that can book international reservations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

THis should be possible to check via the site of b-rail before stepping on the velo to go to NMBS? Start with google to find page.

Also note TGV have a small quota for passholders=10€ (maybe more for BElgium) and if ithis is taken=most likely, then the price rises. It is of course also possible to find ALTernatives by changing-in LIlle or Paris, means many more choices for trains

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

THis should be possible to check via the site of b-rail before stepping on the velo to go to NMBS?

This is not possible for the TGVs mentioned.

Start with google to find page.

You might first try it yourself before suggesting it to someone else.

Thx for the help 💪!!

not there yet, but I'll try indeed to check the sites of the tgv itself! If not via Basel, no need for reservations, but traveling time x1.5. But at least I have a plan B.