Solved

problem with my pass

• 7 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello, I recently bought and activated a pass but it doesn't show as a QR code, just gives text details. 

Secondly, I created a trip and reserved seats but I can't seem to link the trip to my pass.

When I click on my pass, it states no trips scheduled yet.

When I  click on my trips, it clearly shows the itinerary. 

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks 🙂

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 7 November 2022, 11:40

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The trip in your online account is not synchronised with the app, except for the activation date.

As to getting a valid ticket, did you follow the steps described on the page below?

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/interrail-mobile-pass/getting-started

If you have added journeys to your pass and then tap on "Show ticket”, make sure you select the date for which you have added a journey. You can do that at the top of the screen.

Additionally, it is not a good idea to activate a pass in advance, because you never know what will happen. If something unexpected happens on the planned start date and you want to change your start date, then it it too late: you can only cancel activation until 23:59 CET on the day before the validity starts. So once you've tested the pass, the best is to deactivate it and only activate it on your start day.

Thanks for your reply but I was expecting that the pass would show something like a QR code when I tap on it.

Actually the travel dates are 100% fixed so I didn't have any concerns activating the pass.

The problem is linking my trip to the pass. When I click on 'my pass' its states no trip planned but when I click on 'my trip' it clearly shows the itinerary.  

I can't seem to link them even though the tutorial seems to show sliding a box to the right, on the my trip page. That box for each trip section is greyed out.

When I  get on the train, I assume that I have to show the seat reservation booking plus the pass? Even though the pass details are just text.

Sorry for my inexperience as a totally new user.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Actually the travel dates are 100% fixed so I didn't have any concerns activating the pass.

Even if they are 100% fixed you never know what can happen like getting ill or change of plans or a strike day makeing it useless to travel on a selected day. Because of that i still recommend dont activate traveldays in advance do it minutes before boarding the first train of the day. 

It would be easier if you could show us some screenshots :) 

Usually you just have to tap on the greyout section of the train you wanna take and then the QR Code slides to the right and get´s yellow. Then you can see under My Pass the Actual QR Code of the day. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

If possible, can you post some screenshots to check?

But please delete your personal details before posting it!

Travel dates are never 100% fixed. There’s always a mini-chance that there’s a strike, or big IT-issues, or damaged infrastructure that won’t make it possible for you to take that train that specific day. You should really just activate a trip when you’re on the platform and actually see your train. Trust us, experienced railers ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The problem is linking my trip to the pass. When I click on 'my pass' its states no trip planned but when I click on 'my trip' it clearly shows the itinerary.  

I can't seem to link them even though the tutorial seems to show sliding a box to the right, on the my trip page. That box for each trip section is greyed out.

If you see the slider, and it is grey, then tap on it to add the journey to your pass. It should then turn yellow.

When I  get on the train, I assume that I have to show the seat reservation booking plus the pass?

You'll have to show a reservation if it's mandatory. Nobody will request to see an optional reservation, although you might need it to chase someone else from your seat...