Solved

Problems duplicating trip and adding it to another mobile pass

We are a group of 4 travelling together; we’ll have our mobile passes on our own phones. I have created the trip and added it to my pass, and I have now duplicated it - but when I try and connect it to another mobile pass it only gives me an option to connect to a Paper Pass and asks for a paper pass cover number. How do I duplicate the trip (three times) so that we can all connect it to our mobile passes?

Thanks in advance for any help

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 31 May 2022, 23:09

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

AFAIK, you can't copy a trip from one phone to another.

In addition, keep in mind that it's a bad idea to plan your trip with the app. It's offline and is only updated once a month and is therefore not reliable enough for planning purposes. Use national planners and apps and for international planning, use the DB planner or DB Navigator app, which has roughly the same coverage as the rail planner app but is updated twice/week.

Thanks - I have been using the DB Planner and then just adding journeys into my trip on the app, and then transferring to the pass ready for travel - I suppose it just means that each of us will have to add the journeys into their passes manually, which isn’t the end of the world. Seems a bit clunky though when the app seems to offer duplication option (if it worked)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I think the duplication feature only works for passes on the same device.

I have added my pass to my phone, but have been unable to enter my partner’s pass as well. Does anyone have any advice please? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have added my pass to my phone, but have been unable to enter my partner’s pass as well. Does anyone have any advice please? 

If you want to add it on the same phone: go to My Pass and tap on the big + at the bottom right.

If that doesn't work for you, then please explain what "unable” means in this case.

Do note that by adding both passes to the same phone, you won't be able to travel separately.

Thanks, all sorted now!