Solved

Problems with the Rail Planner app, unable to add journey/use travel day

A customer of ours is experiencing problems with the Rail Planner app, unable to add journey/use travel day. The app shows a "Something went wrong" error message. They are out traveling right now, please advice. Ping @Nanja 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 27 April 2022, 08:55

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Nanja is not available right now since it's the weekend.

Is this on an iPhone, with version 23.1.0? (Go to More, scroll to the bottom.) I'm asking because there seem to be more problems with it lately than with the Android version.

Please go to More > Settings, scroll to the bottom and enable error logging. Then try to add a journey again, so there is logging for this error.

Contact customer service (some people are working there) and supply all details. Do mention you're currently travelling, since that makes you most urgent.

What may help is to restart the app.

Thank! I have now contacted customer service.

They have version 22.0.0 and can’t install the update due to an older iPhone model not being allowed to install the newer version. 

One of them does however have a newer phone on which the app does work. Is there any way for them to transfer the pass from the old phone to the newer one?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

A pass can be transferred to another phone via customer service.

Unfortunately, Eurail are violating their own conditions of use. These say that iOS 10 is required (section II, 1.2.1) but in the appstore it says iOS 13.

@Nanja When will there be an update that can be installed on iOS 10? This is the second complaint about this in the community and usually that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I can see on the forum that this has been resolved before by un-registering a pass so that it can be registered with another phone. Could we please do so now, so that they can catch their train which leaves in 40 minutes? Ping @rvdborgt .

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I can see on the forum that this has been resolved before by un-registering a pass so that it can be registered with another phone. Could we please do so now, so that they can catch their train which leaves in 40 minutes? Ping @rvdborgt .

I cannot do that, I'm just another user… this really has to be done by customer support.

If I were them and really wanted to travel, I'd just travel and forward any extra costs to Eurail, since they're responsible for the bugs, including the incorrect required iOS version.

Ohh, I mistook you for an official Eurail representative @rvdborgt. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi rvdborgt, thanks for flagging. I've passed it on to the relevant team. @Törnqvist sorry for not being able to help you over the weekend. Has the issue been resolved?

Hey i ve had the same problem all day…

Not sure what to do. Italian train authorities have until now accepted but ai m worried of the French being less…

I have a rather old iphone and have just fibally accepted to make an update yesterday, it may be related to that… please advice what to do asap and I hope you are ready to bear the costs if I get a fine…

Dont have another phone

Userlevel 7
Badge +9
  1. Please go to More > Settings, scroll to the bottom and enable error logging.
  2. Then try again, so logging is generated.
  3. What exactly is not working? Activating the pass, adding a journey to My Trip, adding a journey to My Pass, or still something else?
  4. Do check in My Pass if a travel day is activated nevertheless: select the last activated travel day and check the date shown. Is it today's date? If so, then that does show you have an active travel day.
  5. Which app version do you currently have? Go to More and scroll to the bottom.
  6. Which iOS version do you have? iOS 10 or something else?
  7. Please contact customer service and give them as much detail as you can. Also say you are currently travelling because that means you're urgent.

Thanks for this. I ve enabled error log in.

it is still bugging.

Still cant activate a day or a trip on my pass. 

Nothing is activated in my pass but last weeks trip and day.

I have the app 22.0 and IOS 15.4.1

I ve been contacting customer service saying it is urgent all day yesterday. No news. They re clearly not up to standards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Please update the app. The current version is 23.1.0. Then try again.

It worked. Thanks for that!