Solved

Promotional pass - no start date needed but was asked for a date in check-out.

Hey community! I’m completely new here and just bought a 2-month-ticket (print version) for Interrail as part of the SALE-offer. It’s very exciting for me!

In the description of the SALE-offer is said that you don’t have to date the start for your journey, here is the link: https://www.interrail.eu/de/50th-anniversary/next-stop-big-adventure-sale 

However I had to date it during the process of buying. Now I’m a bit confused: I can’t say already when I want to start my journey, so the offer of the SALE not to date the start was perfect for me.

Now I’m afraid that the date I was forced to fill into the formular will be printed on my pass.. Does anyone of you have the experience with it? I would be very grateful for your answers. Thanks a lot!

icon

Best answer by Angelo 10 May 2022, 11:02

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

To not have the date printed on, you had to buy a mobile pass, there you can choose it when you want in a period of max. 11 months after purchasing. 

With the paper pass you have to travel on the dates that are printed on. 

Thank you for you answer! But it’s not necessary to start my journey at the printed date? Can I start my journey later within these two months?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

yes, sure. 

I have the same problem. Unfortunately, this wasn’t clearly stated on the website. I’m now trying to get in contact with the support center in order to exchange my Paper Pass with a Mobile Pass. I’ll share the information with you!

You can start the journey later, but the 2 months will start from the date you indicated on the Pass. (Or so I understand.)

Thanks for your answer, Nina! Yes, it wasn’t clearly stated on the website, that’s right. Maybe I should try to exchange it, too - as this seems to be the most uncomplicated way to handle the start date.

Would love to hear from you, when you have some information, thank you a lot!