Solved

Public transport and ferrys

• 14 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone,

I have a doubt regarding what interrail passes include in terms of ferrys and public transport.

I have seen a table where it is possible to see the transport companies that work in each country:

https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/trains-europe/railway-companies

For instance, I have seen that the company called “Entur” is included. The name of the company is located in the cokumn that corresponds to “Train companies”. However, Entur also have ferrys, will I have the possibility to get the discount even if the name of the company (Entur) is not written in the column of Discounted ferry companies?

Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by seewulf 14 February 2022, 23:08

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Nanja@Felipe.iturrieta  Maybe update the information page :) as Entur is just the state owned ticket seller in Norway for public transport similar ATOC(National Rail Brand) in UK

@norway_trip 
Entur is according my information no railcompany it´s just the Offical (State owned) reseller of Ticket´s in Norway on behalf for the different Companies VY(former NSB), SJ Norge (operates for example the Route Bodo - Trondheim) or Go Ahead Norge.

Means you have to stick to real train companies listed. Eurail currently collect their Informations in a new Benefitsportal

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

In NO you can only use trains for ´free´=still must make REServations (also not clearly stated in the info) for ALL long-dist trains and pay some 30 NOK (I think) to do that. It used to be all NSB, then they made it a modern name VY, and then the govmt of the time contracted some lines out and other train companies came-just like has happened in so many countries.

Some ferries, mostly to/fro Danmark give discount with pass.

NO is quite expensive, for all forms of transport, but there are age discounts.

@seewulf, Sebas: ATOC also does not exist since quite some time. there are various other ticket sellers, including all operating train companies in the UK. Read more on trainforums.co.uk

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mcadv  Yeah sorry :D RDG, ATOC it´s confusing but i have already struggles to know my Company :D DB and Arriva with all their short curts :D

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@seewulf you're right! Thanks for flagging. We've updated the information page.