Solved

Public transport between stations covered?

• 13 April 2022
  • 4 replies

I am booking a train trip from Paris to Bruges. It says we have to travel by public transport between stations. Does Eurail handle that? Do we need to find our own? Will we need a bus pass in addition to our Eurail pass. We are senior citizens and I’m worried we’ll miss our second train.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 14 April 2022, 00:11

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

“It says we have to travel by public transport between stations”

Who or what says that? And between which stations? Could you please post the timetable of what you are booking?

This is from the schedule. All of the trips between Paris and Bruges are like this

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This is from the schedule. All of the trips between Paris and Bruges are like this

I see, that's because the rail planner app has not been updated yet with all timetables for September (most recent update was 3 March) and therefore offers a rather roundabout route with a long wait. The distance between the 2 stations in Lille is not big (about 10-15 minutes on foot) but that's usually not required for Paris - Bruges.

A typical journey to Bruges should look like this:

Reservation only needed for Paris - Lille.

As you see, it's better not to use the app to plan. The German railways timetable has the same coverage but has much more frequent updates (twice/week).

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The distance is as rian explains-around 1 KM-slightly less and very much walkable-if you cannot do-its 1 stop on the local ´metro´ + 1 ticket for this: 1,80 or so. Walk besides the giant shop-centre with Carrefour-EuraLille.

MOST TGV end/stop at the built for them ´Europe´ station, the old station that handles all local trains is named Flandres and right at edge of city.