Solved

Question about traveling in 1 country

• 25 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Hello, I have two questions and I hope someone can help me.

Is it possible to travel to different city's in one country with the interrail global pass, without traveling to a different country? Like, travel to Point A in Italy to Point B in Italy? Or do you have to - for example- travel from Germany to Italy in one day with the pass?

I will fly to another country en travel back to my own country by train, so I will start using the interrail ticket in a foreign country. Is that also possible?

Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by seewulf 25 August 2021, 19:50

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Yeah it´s possible :)
the only limit for Interrail are the two traveldays (outbound and inbound) in your Homecountry :)
besides these two days the Interrail Globalpass is not valid in your Country of Residence (but in fact it´s Homecountry)

Thank you so much! Maybe you can help me with another question? 

We live in the Netherlands. We will start our holiday with a plane flight to Italy. From there we start our traintravels with the Global pass. We want to know if the Netherlands still will be recognized/registered as our homeland so we can travel in Italy for multiple days. We will travel back to the Netherlands from Italy, so that will be the end of our journey. But the start is in Italy, is that possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Ofcourse you can start and even end where you want :) For the “Passcountry” it usually matters which ID-Card or Passport you use for the booking. So if you buy it with a NL - ID or Passport there will be writteh Netherlands as Homecountry on your pass :)

Fantastic, thank you so much! I couldn't find an answer on the website or anywhere else. But it's all clear now, thanks!