Solved

Rail planner app issue.

• 20 February 2024
  • 11 replies

Badge

I brought my first ticket for Aug 1st through rail europe. I indicated my global pass number during the checkout. I am trying to add that to my trip in Rail Planner app. I added the journey, added to my pass and activated it. Everything looked good and I was able to view my ticket (QR code) which I believe is what I need to scan/show. But after a while I checked again any my journey is gone from the app. What am I doing wrong? Or is this a known app issue? I got email from rail Europe with pdf tickets attached. Can I take a print out if it just to be safe? It has QR code too.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 20 February 2024, 21:42

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What makes you think your journey is gone? Where are you looking? Could you post a screenshot?

Your reservation is totally separate from the app and has no influence on it at all. You can print it or show it on a screen.

Badge

I created manual trips and added it to each traveller (created a trip for each traveller). When I click on View tickets’ I don’t see them for all travelers. I see for just one. I was able to view the ticket for all travelers a while back.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I created manual trips and added it to each traveller (created a trip for each traveller). When I click on View tickets’ I don’t see them for all travelers. I see for just one. I was able to view the ticket for all travelers a while back.

You can only see a ticket for one person at a time. This is as designed. In My Pass, you first have to select a pass and then you can show the ticket for that pass.

Badge

You can only see a ticket for one person at a time. This is as designed. In My Pass, you first have to select a pass and then you can show the ticket for that pass.

Correct but after I select a pass, the tickets for that person are not visible anymore. I double checked after I added all tickets for the 4 passengers. Only some tickets for some passengers are visible now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Correct but after I select a pass, the tickets for that person are not visible anymore. I double checked after I added all tickets for the 4 passengers. Only some tickets for some passengers are visible now.

So what happens if a ticket it not visible?

Can you tap on "Show ticket”? If so, what happens?

Badge

I don’t even get ‘Show ticket’ option. Add a journey and Deactivate Pass are the only options I see.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I don’t even get ‘Show ticket’ option. Add a journey and Deactivate Pass are the only options I see.

Could you please post a screenshot of that? (wipe out any personal information.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Have you activated the journey with the switch? You can only show a ticket for an activated journey. 

Badge

Yes, I have. I am suspecting it is not liking me activating trips on multiple days. If I activate just one trip, it seems to work. Will have to wait and see.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes, I have. I am suspecting it is not liking me activating trips on multiple days. If I activate just one trip, it seems to work. Will have to wait and see.

You can only activate journeys, which can contain 1 or more trains. In the app, a trip is the collection of all journeys that you saved for the lifetime of your pass.

It shouldn't be a problem technically to activate all your journeys. After activating a journey on a specific date, the button "Show ticket” should become available. With a flexipass, you may have to select the correct travel day first (one that has an activated journey). If you have active travel days without a journey added, then there's no ticket to show.

In any case, after you're done testing, the best is to cancel all travel days and to cancel the activation of the pass until your start date.

Badge

Thanks. Yes, I am aware of what you mentioned. I did try activate journey on different days for all 4 passengers and that's when I had problem. All journeys are manual entry and tickets brought through Rail Europe. Hope thats not the reason.

Thanks for your help!