Solved

Railcard Family & Friends (UK) & Interrail using in conjunction

• 23 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi Everyone, 
I am thinking of using Interrail with my child to travel from the UK to Spain.
From what I understand, we cannot use Interrail within the UK, except on the Eurostar to get out of the country and back in. So we will be getting a family Railcard anyway to ease the cost of getting to London and I am wondering whether the Railcard can be used in conjunction with Interrail (eg for the Eurostar seat reservation or for the Interrail ticket….?) 

icon

Best answer by Al_G 23 July 2022, 02:57

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You have been misinformed.

You can use any 2 days of your global pass for journeys in your home country as well as any other participating country, these are part of the overall allocation and can be taken at any point in the validity. If you wish to travel for more than 2 days at home (Eurostar partially being in GB counts as home country travel) you will need to pay for them separately from Interrail

For example you can book a Eurostar journey and use the pass to travel to London earlier that day.

National rail railcards have no status outside of Britain and are of no benefit with interrail journeys. You can of course use them for any separately purchased journeys.