Solved

Refund at Aid Office?

Is it possible to get a refund at an Aid Office once I arrive in Europe?  I no longer need the 2 passes I purchased in November.  I am having no luck with the refund page (error message) or with getting a response from a Eurail agent. I have an agreement that guarantees 100% reimbursement and have never activated/used the passes.  It distresses me to have over $2200 CDN tied up as I prepare to travel. Suggestions?

icon

Best answer by mcadv 2 June 2022, 18:58

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No, only from original seller. As is the case with all train tickets (and flites too, BTW)

Yes, it will take long time and will happen finally in the end-but you dole out a loan without interest (not that banks here give any) to the office and that can be frustrating. All these offices and railcomp. are extremely short on staff-and then mostly on expreienced staff. I am now riding trains in DE=germany and nearly 1/3 of trains are cancelled due to that-and due to yet another mishap-train derailed at a major junction

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

No, only from original seller. As is the case with all train tickets (and flites too, BTW)

Yes, it will take long time and will happen finally in the end-but you dole out a loan without interest (not that banks here give any) to the office and that can be frustrating. All these offices and railcomp. are extremely short on staff-and then mostly on expreienced staff. I am now riding trains in DE=germany and nearly 1/3 of trains are cancelled due to that-and due to yet another mishap-train derailed at a major junction

Maybe you wanna join the DB Team and help out?  :D