Solved

Refund for won pass or extension possible?

Hello everyone! Quick question, I hope you can help me. I have won an interrail pass on a social network competition, but lots of month have passed and I don’t think I will be able to use my prize. I didn’t activate it or anything, I just have the code but never used it. Should I consider it lost? Can I get a refund even if I didn’t pay for it? Can I extend it somehow/also by paying? Thank you in advance guys!

icon

Best answer by MartinM 14 June 2022, 15:46

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thats very hard to say without further details. Usually passes sold via site or railway (mobile) MUST be activated=1st day of real USE, within 11 monthes after sale date-but its likely actual saledate from office to that network was long before it was sent to you. I guess there must be somewhere a chance to check the final ´use by´ date.

It may even be possible to sell it to someone interested, (if there are no personal details yet-but officially no pass can even be issued without that)but I guess refunds via this way cannot be done. Hmm-now that I think-most likely the pass is already linked to your fone-nr and then cannot be moved to someone else anymore.

First of all, thank you for your answer. Unfortunately no, I cannot give it to somebody else because there’s my data on the pass. On my interrail profile, it is written that the order was made on Sep 23 2021. I guess I have time until August 23 then, right? The problem is that I don’t know if I will be able to make it and I don’t want it to get lost. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

If you won it, you can’t get a refund on it. That’s usually written in the rules of the competition… and will also apply here.

You also can’t sell it as @mcadv wrote (seems it is his hobby to write wrong information on the forum). 

So only option is to activate it by the last possible date (23rd August or what it will be) or otherwise it might get lost… You don’t have to start your trip on 23rd August though… just start it within the validity period then. Or maybe you will be lucky and the InterRail staff will extended it...

Thank you for your answer, yes, I need to try and use it somehow. Sorry I’m new to this, in the last part of your message you’re suggesting that if I have a Global Pass - 5 days in one month, I can activate it before August 23 and then I have one month to travel, did I get it correctly? Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thank you for your answer, yes, I need to try and use it somehow. Sorry I’m new to this, in the last part of your message you’re suggesting that if I have a Global Pass - 5 days in one month, I can activate it before August 23 and then I have one month to travel, did I get it correctly? Thanks.

Correct.