Solved

Refund of promotion pass

• 27 March 2022
  • 9 replies

Hi

I am about to buy my mobile pass using the 10% discount. Then I see that I have to buy an “insurance” to a cost of €23 to get full refund in the case I can not go.

If I do not but this extra Plus for €23 what is the terms for refund then? 

icon

Best answer by mcadv 27 March 2022, 13:20

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

According to the conditions at the bottom of the global pass page, the promotional pass is refundable. According to the refund and exchange policy, the normal refund is 85% and with Plus it is 100%.

The sentence that bothers me is “Please note that all partially used Passes are non-refundable and non-exchangeable and in the case of promotional Passes, different rules may apply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Once started using, there is NO refund on whatever pass anymore.

only Before-the ´fine´ for a prom.pass is I think 15% of the paid price. And a normal price can be exchanged or refunded to the full 100% value.

Personally I think this 23 is just a ripoff. Also: in case you really fall sick/get accident, you may have other insurance covering-but this will grossly depend on your country and your own precautions

I agree, €23 is a rippoff. 

Thanks for the reply, I will now go on to order my 10-day mobile pass. The journey commence the 19:th of April. 

What does ‘started using’ mean? Activated and planning to travel (eg making seat reservations)? Or does it mean that you have actually started travelling? I wish they would make this clearer. I’ve got a global mobile pass with plus cover.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Started using - not sure what @mcadv meant here. However, once the first travel day has started, you can't deactivate a pass anymore and you can't cancel anymore.

Making reservations doesn't make a difference. They're separate from the pass. If you want to know the details, check the conditions of use.

So I’ve read the conditions of use and it says you can deactivate a mobile pass. Where does that leave me? 

is there an email address or phone number to speak to someone who works at Interail? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

So I’ve read the conditions of use and it says you can deactivate a mobile pass. Where does that leave me? 

is there an email address or phone number to speak to someone who works at Interail? 

What do you want to do? Return your pass? Exchange your pass? 

If you describe your issue here we will try to give advice.

There is no email address or phone number to Customer Support 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can only deactivate before the start of the first travel day. You can only cancel a non-activated pass. See article 4.1.

There is no phone number. You can contact customer service but be warned that it will take a while because urgent problems are handled first.