Solved

Regional trains and subway

• 11 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello! Are regional tickets such as the one from CESKE BUDEJOVICE (Czech Republic) to CESKY KRUMLOV (Czech Republic) included in the Interrail Pass? Also, is the subway/metro included in the Interrail Pass? Thank you!!

icon

Best answer by MartijnV 12 July 2023, 09:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello,

metro/subway are never included in Interrail. 

Sometimes Suburban trains like S-Bahn in Germany are included.

About the local trains of the operator GW Train I don't know if they are included in Interrail.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

While the trainplanner in the app may not be accurate for timings and the latest changes, I have never read any complaint that it wouldn't be accurate with respect to whether a train is included in the pass or not. 

So when filling in your journey I see that:

• IC-trains, without any intermediate stops, are included
  • RE (regional) trains, with many intermediate stops, are not included 

This is likely to be due to different operators for the 2 types of trains but one would need to use another app (e.g. bahn.de) for that. 

Bahn.de says that the IC-trains are operated by Ceske Drahy (the national railways), while the RE-trains are operated by “GW Train Regio”. So this confirms what MartinM says.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

About the local trains of the operator GW Train I don't know if they are included in Interrail.

If nothing changed then the GW trains are NOT included in Interrail!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

While the trainplanner in the app may not be accurate for timings and the latest changes, I have never read any complaint that it wouldn't be accurate with respect to whether a train is included in the pass or not.

There are certainly errors in this respect. Some of them have been corrected.