Solved

Requirement of Using a Traveling Day

• 29 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I am traveling from Amsterdam (Centraal) to Copenhagen (Taasrup) tomorrow (30 June 2023), with train leaving from Amsterdam at 1710 hrs. My route will be as follows (I have reserved the seats):

- Amsterdam Centraal to Osnabruck hbf - 17:10 - 20:54

- Osnabruck hbf to Hamburg hbf - 21:23 - 23:16

- Hamburg hbf to Hoeje Taasrup - 23:56 to 06:49

Now, as I would be starting my journey on 30th June & arriving at Destination on morning of 1st July, would I be required to use 2 'Travel Days' ??

In case of only 1, my Eurail will be showing as 'un-activated', if anyone comes to check the ticket/reservation at 00:01?? How to handle that?

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 29 June 2023, 16:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Every (night)train you scheduled before midnight you board only counts as one travel day (the travel day of 30 June).

To show your ticket , go to the “My Pass” tab, select the pass on which you’re travelling and click “show ticket” (will show the latest ticket).

When you board another train, scheduled after midnight, e.g. to get from Hoeje Taastrup to Koebenhavn H on the 1st of July will need an extra travel day (but you’re better of buying a normal ticket, if you don’t have a continuous pass, to save you the cost of a travel day).

Badge +2

Great.

So say for example, the train from Hamburg hbf to Hoeje Taasrup - 23:56 to 06:49, gets delayed by 10 minutes and starts it's journey at 00:06. So in this case, I will need to utilize my Eurail Pass's 1 additional day?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Great.

So say for example, the train from Hamburg hbf to Hoeje Taasrup - 23:56 to 06:49, gets delayed by 10 minutes and starts it's journey at 00:06. So in this case, I will need to utilize my Eurail Pass's 1 additional day?

No, the theoretical schedule counts. As long as it scheduled before midnight it’s good to only use one travel day, no matter the delay.