Solved

Reserva Lyon - Barcelona and Barcelona - Madrid

• 12 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Good afternoon, I'm trying to figure out how to book between Lyon and Barcelona, ​​and Barcelona to Madrid. There are two time options. One, the reservation price is very low, but it says that I can only book in person at the station. This is the framing time as 2:32 pm. That's right? Can I only do it in person?

icon

Best answer by ralderton 12 April 2024, 14:42

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

From France to Spain, you can reserve online if the train number starts with TGV. Try raileurope.com for reservations. It should cost €35

But if it starts with AVE, that means it’s operated by the Spanish company RENFE. You can only reserve at a ticket office in Spain(!) or by going to Lyon and buying it from RENFE staff on the platform or on the train. It will cost €10-20.

For Barcelona-Madrid, you can reserve online on the Eurail website. You can also do it at a ticket office in Spain.

starts with AVE. So I can't make an appointment online? What if there are no more vacancies when I'm there?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

starts with AVE. So I can't make an appointment online? What if there are no more vacancies when I'm there?

Unfortunately, there’s nothing you can do. 

But I think the RENFE staff are helpful, and they will let you sit in the bar, or stand if necessary. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What is your date of travel? Maybe we can find a solution. 

Acabei de comprar, deu tudo certo.

muito obrigada mesmo