Solved

Reserve ticket

• 3 May 2023
  • 7 replies

Hello,

Could someone guide me how to reserve a seat with interrail global pass? When does an option open up to reserve a seat?

Thank you and best regards,

Hrishikesh

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 3 May 2023, 18:45

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There are many ways to make reservations. Please give more details (route, travel date and time)

Thank you, for example

Hamburg-Frankfurt 6th May 4:30am

Hamburg-Prague 26th May 8am

I looked into android app and did not find an option to reserve a seat. I want to travel with a train where I can book a confirmed seat.

Thanks and regards,

Hrishikesh

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You best make that reservation through DB, either the app or the website. Select "Nur Sitzplatz" or "Seat only", in the English version. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you have a first class pass, you can book these reservations free of charge on tickets.oebb.at: add the Interrail/Eurail discount and then select "One-way tickets”. Select 1st class in the second step.

Thanks for your fast replies. It feels so scattered to book the seats on DB-like website. Isnt there any easy way to book the seat in the rail planner app, where I am already managing my passes and travel? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No it is best to book seats on DB.

Seat reservations and pass are completely separate. You can't buy seats in the app. Even those bought on eurail.com/interrail.eu won't appear in the app.

For optional reservations the ticket inspector will surely not care to check your seat reservation. And even when they would ask for one : show the PDF (seat) and QR-code on the app (ticket). It's simple, don't worry :)

Thank you for your kind reply, really appreciate your help!