Solved

Reserving tickets Zurich to Milano Central - tickets no longer available?

• 25 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone,

We have a Eurail Global Pass first class.

I was trying to book Zurich Main Station to Milano Central (among other tickets) on the OBB website and have accidentally booked this leg as second class when we wanted to select first class.

The ticket trip is to be on 14/09/2023 around 9am for 2x adults with Eurail Global Pass first class. Ideally we wanted the 9.33am train via Lugano.

I didn’t realise that you can cancel reservations within 3mins of booking so I can’t cancel now, but I was hoping to just re-reserve first class seats and pay again for the reservation. However when I look online now on OBB the original journey we have is no longer available.

Here is my initial booking from OBB:

Here is the OBB website when I look now:

I have tried on bahn.de, SBB and thetrainline.com as well to no avail.

This journey isn’t even showing up on bahn.de or SBB now and thetrainline.com shows:

Is anyone able to suggest how I can re-reserve first class seats for the original journey? Also I can’t even seem to find the train route which I thought goes via Lugano but now the details for that aren’t even online, nor are they on the reservation :(

Open to all suggestions and many thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 25 August 2023, 08:49

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There has been a freight train incident in the Gotthard Base Tunnel. It is currently closed for passenger trains and will remain so until early 2024.

All trains are diverted via the old scenic line and take exactly an hour longer. If you want to keep your reservations you'll have to leave at 08:33.

Seat reservations are optional until the border (Chiasso) and nobody makes them so my advice would be : sit in 1st class until Chiasso and during the journey speak to staff onboard. Worst case you move to 2nd class there during the 10 min stop.

You probably won't get the 2nd class ones refunded in any case.