Scared to travel with mobile pass

• 5 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello everyone,

Past sunday I decided to do some intterrailing this summer. I waited for it to the last minute because of corona. I did the same last year and with the priority shipping option I got my paper pass very fast. This year however, that option was not avaible and normal shipping took to long to arrive. I bought the mobile pass but instantly regretted it, seeing all the problems that people are faced with it. It also feels very insecure to have my pass on my phone, which may get damaged or stolen which leaves me stranded, my holiday ruined and my wallet robbed. I'm still going to travel the 16th, but does anyone else feel the same way about this? Are there maybe some people with actual good experiences using the mobile pass?

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello!

Unfortunately I can not share any good experiences with the mobile pass, I wouldn't recommend using it at all. I was also disappointed that they removed priority shipping options since there is usually nothing that could go wrong with a paper pass.

One thing you could try is buying the ticket at a local train station, that's something I used to do a few years back. Perhaps this option still available, at least at bigger ticket offices…

Good luck for your trip! 

Cela fait 3 semaines que je voyage avec le pass Mobile en Europe, et je n ai eu aucun souci .. bien sûr,  je fais très attention à mon téléphone, d autant que je voyage seule. Mais de toute façon, je fais toujours attention .. 

Sur certains trains, 1 fois en Suede et 1 fois en Finlande, je n ai pas pu réserver à partir de l application mais de toute façon, c est moins cher en réservant en gare. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello everyone,

Past sunday I decided to do some intterrailing this summer. I waited for it to the last minute because of corona. I did the same last year and with the priority shipping option I got my paper pass very fast. This year however, that option was not avaible and normal shipping took to long to arrive. I bought the mobile pass but instantly regretted it, seeing all the problems that people are faced with it. It also feels very insecure to have my pass on my phone, which may get damaged or stolen which leaves me stranded, my holiday ruined and my wallet robbed. I'm still going to travel the 16th, but does anyone else feel the same way about this? Are there maybe some people with actual good experiences using the mobile pass?

You still could buy the paper pass on a train station (Ns International or a travelagency like Treinreiswinkel ) without any shipping