Solved

seat reservation

• 21 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I'm trying to book a seat reservation for a train from Paris nord to Amsterdam and its sold out 

I tried to book throw Thalys and I found out some trains with available seat reservation in different times than the times available in the eurail application 

So if I booked a seat reservation separately for the times that they are not excited in the eurail global app is that possible? and do I need to use a travel day regardless the availability in the app 

And once I booked a seat reservation throw Thalys do I have to do any thing else in the eurail app 

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 23 April 2023, 14:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There is a limited number of seat reservations for Interrail/Eurail passes on Thalys trains (quota). There might be regular tickets available while there's no Eurail seat reservations.

Let us know the travel date and we can help you for alternatives (there are many). There are usually more seats to Brussels (27€) or Lille by TGV (10-20€), the rest of the route on reservation-free IC trains.

Btw Interrail/Eurail's planner isn't reliable as it isn't updated that often. Check bahn.de or the train companies websites for planning

You can't book Eurail seats on thalys.com. Only regular tickets.

If you buy an (expensive) regular ticket in the end, then there's no need to use a pass day.

Seat reservations and the app are completely separate. Reservations won't appear in the app and you need to show both when required

You can check Thalys availability here : https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

Badge

Thank you very much, I'm travelling 14 may

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There are indeed no passholder seat reservations available anymore on 14th May between Paris and Brussels or Amsterdam. So you'll have to go via Lille :) It's a longer journey but it is straight-forward, don't worry. (This is an example)

- Paris-Nord - Lille-Flandres 08:46 - 09:48 10€

- Lille-Flandres - Kortrijk 10:09 - 10:45

- Kortrijk - Antwerpen-Centraal 10:58 - 12:23

- Antwerpen-Centraal - Amsterdam Centraal 12:44 - 14:35

You could suddenly decide if you'd like to stop in Gent or Antwerp as they're along the way. From Lille trains are reservation-free and run (at least) hourly !