Solved

Several tickets for one travel day

• 26 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Is it possible to do different trips (use different tickets) on one travel day? So I would like to use only one of my travel days but use different tickets (so maybe get out in a city for a few hours and then continue… Is this possible? or does this count then as another travel day even if its  the same day? 

icon

Best answer by ralderton 26 October 2023, 10:18

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Once you’ve started to use a travel day, you can do as much travelling, and take as many trains as you like on that day.

I’m not sure what you mean by different tickets? The railpass is your ticket.

Once you’ve started to use a travel day, you can do as much travelling, and take as many trains as you like on that day.

I’m not sure what you mean by different tickets? The railpass is your ticket.

Okay great thank you. Yes okay the term different tickets seems confusing… I just meant, I want to travel for example to Milano, step out for a few hours and then go to Rome… in just one travel day 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes that’s absolutely fine.

One of the benefits of a rail pass is the flexibility to do this. On many occasions I’ve jumped off a train halfway to my destination, just because it looked nice!

Just be aware of which trains you need to reserve, and how far in advance. You mentioned Milano. In Italy, you need to have a reservation on any Intercity (€3) or Freccia (€13). It’s very easy to get these reservations even a few minutes before departure, so you don’t need to plan far in advance. You don’t need reservations on regional trains.