Solved

Several trips possible instead of continuous with the 2 month pass?

Hello everyone,
I'm thinking of buying a 2 month pass, but I won't be able to travel continuously for 2 months.  I know that within your own country it is possible to leave/enter the country only 1x. Would it be possible to travel again after a completed trip if you buy the exit ticket from your own country at your own expense?

Thanks a lot for your help, much appreciated!

Nina

icon

Best answer by seewulf 10 May 2022, 12:04

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Yes if you buy the additional  trips to leave /enter your Country by your self you can travel on :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

There are no limitations on your pass that demands that you travel continuously for two months. You're welcome to divide the time into several smaller journeys. Please note though, that all additional in/outbound trips will have to be completed using full fare train tickets in your country of residence (you can travel with the pass up until the border station). It might also be useful to add here that you cannot request a refund for the unused travel days. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Addition: in most cases it is not the border STATION-but the Border TARIFF point that has to be applied for the extra tickets. And often this can form a giant challenge to even get such a ticket-this will differ a lot per country. ON the new style mobile app you wil also have to exactly know what to put in to forego the ´trips in homecountry already used´.

But I had a pass for 2 monthes last autumn and made 8 shorter trips on it-but I also have a continu season for home country, so that was covered. And intend to do about the same in next 50% off pass for coming autumn.