Solved

Showing journey QR codes on mobile app with Paper Pass

• 28 October 2022
  • 5 replies

I have a paper pass that I have linked to the App and have created a trip.  Can I get a QR code for each journey - I can't see an option?  Thanks 

icon

Best answer by mcadv 28 October 2022, 09:58

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Forget it-just use it all on paper. There are several reports that conductors are soo extremely unfamliair with this odd choice that pax even get fined for not having the ´proper ticket´.

(myself now still on a paper pass, for 3 month with still 15 days to go on).

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The QR code can only be generated if you have a mobile pass.

It is not needed for paper passes (not even if you register your journeys in the app) because then the paper pass is the ticket.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

When you travel with a paper pass you need to choose if you want to register your journeys (trains) on the sheet of paper attached to your paper pass or digitally in your Trip in the Railplanner app.

Once you have made that choice by marking the selection with X on your pass cover you can't change your mind.

If you choose to register your journeys digitally in your Trip you need to show the ticket inspector both your paper pass, which is your overall ticket, and the Trip in your app where you have registered the journey with the specific train. There has been reports about ticket inspectors demanding a QR code if you have chosen to digitally register journey for a paper pass, but they are wrong.

In addition to this you show any reservation if you have one..

Badge +5

Just completed over 13k using paper passes. No problems from Norway to Turkey. Just ensure you write in your journey before any ticket inspection. Many of the train staff were fascinated to see where we had been! Print off additional sheets before you leave as each journey must be recorded. You cannot get extra sheets any other way

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Print off additional sheets before you leave as each journey must be recorded. You cannot get extra sheets any other way

My experience in Germany is that many ticket offices will happily hand out empty pass covers if you ask them. But printing them off at home is safer.