Solved

Skalite to Zwardon

• 4 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Keeps calm and carries on
  • 17 replies

Any intrepid travellers done this section to get From Slovakia to Poland “Not In Network” why is this short stretch not valid on the pass Thanks

From Skalite to Zwardon

icon

Best answer by Hektor 4 March 2024, 16:00

View original

5 replies

It's shown because this train has a special cross border tariff.

But if you try to book it at the operator's webpage (ZSSK) with a railpass, it does show a ticket for 0 € and says "No need to issue document for the selected combination."

Userlevel 1
Badge

On my way back North I'll approach one of the ticket offices maybe in Zillna to sort this out

Thanks for finding that, I didn't know you could go on there page navigate with a eurail pass, maybe I can sort the reservations out at a cheaper price , although I have time to approach ticket offices prior to moving on

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for your Response 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It's shown because this train has a special cross border tariff.

But if you try to book it at the operator's webpage with a railpass, it does show a ticket for 0 € and says "No need to issue document for the selected combination."

These trains are operated by ZSSK in Slovakia (pass valid) and KS in Poland (pass not valid). So I'd think you need a ticket from the border, from Skalite(Gr).

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Hektor I visited ZSSK web page after your tip and it's very easy to just do a seat Reservation and much cheaper than the Interrail app €2 per ticket, Slovakia looks amazing for Scenic Rail