Successful Trip

• 18 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello all,

My son and I have just successfully negotiated a trip combining our interrail pass and SNCF & Eurostar reservations to visit Nice in order to attend a match in the Rugby World Cup France 2023.

The most pleasing element was the journey from Marseille to London St Pancras via Lille Europe which required reservations on the TGV & Eurostar but only used up one day in the pass.  The Eurostar journey back was one of the two journeys that the pass enables one to take form or back to one’s home country - in our case the UK.

I am really grateful to all of those people who responded to our requests for explanation and information on how the card and its combination with reservations works; they made a huge difference. Thank you all very much.

The app worked very well for us and we took and used printed copies of the reservations for TGV and Eurostar reservations.  I had the PDFs in my emails and would have been able to access then if necessary.

Best wishes, John

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I saw your previous posts. Glad it went well. I hope you didn’t end up sleeping at Marseille station!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I saw your previous posts. Glad it went well. I hope you didn’t end up sleeping at Marseille station!

No as I followed advice from here.  We used a hotel albeit for a very short period of time.