Skip to main content
Solved

Switch paper reservation to digital one

• 8 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi all! When I’m trying to reserve a seat for a nighttrain between Cluj Napoca to Budapest, I’ll go to the checkout and see I’ll have to pay an additional 9 euros for shipping the ticket to my home adress on top of the original price. Does someone know if I can switch this paper reservation to simply being send with email, or maybe an online reservation? Thanks in advance!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Which night train (date, departure time)? There are multiple night trains and not all of them can be booked online.

Which night train (date, departure time)? There are multiple night trains and not all of them can be booked online.

I’m looking at the train departing on the 14th of August at 18:47 from Cluj, going to Budapest. I did not know about some nighttrains not being able to be booked online, do you mean the reservation ticket can’t be sent online or the reservation cant be made online at all? In that case, would you recommend me to reserve/buy a ticket at the trainstation in Cluj itself? Thanks for the help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This train can be booked online on tickets.oebb.at: add the Interrail/Eurail discount and then choose "One-way tickets” (NOT "Seat reservation only”). ÖBB have a problem with time zones and will show the departure 1 hour too early.

There are only couchettes available: 6-person compartment €13.40; 4-person compartment €20.

Some trains can be booked online, others via e-mail, via phone, or only at a ticket office, sometimes only in the country where they operate.

Delivery can be via e-mail, or in an app, sometimes via the post, or pick-up at a ticket office or ticket machine. Delivery method often depends on where you book.

Avoid Interrail for booking reservations if possible. They're more expensive and less reliable. Check this page for where best to book:

https://www.seat61.com/interrail-and-eurail-reservations.htm

This train can be booked online on tickets.oebb.at: add the Interrail/Eurail discount and then choose "One-way tickets” (NOT "Seat reservation only”). ÖBB have a problem with time zones and will show the departure 1 hour too early.

There are only couchettes available: 6-person compartment €13.40; 4-person compartment €20.

Some trains can be booked online, others via e-mail, via phone, or only at a ticket office, sometimes only in the country where they operate.

Delivery can be via e-mail, or in an app, sometimes via the post, or pick-up at a ticket office or ticket machine. Delivery method often depends on where you book.

Avoid Interrail for booking reservations if possible. They're more expensive and less reliable. Check this page for where best to book:

https://www.seat61.com/interrail-and-eurail-reservations.htm

Thanks a lot!