Solved

TGV and ICE to/from Germany to France : questions on the reservation process

• 12 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone,

1/ Is the reservation fee, bought on Interrail website, refundable?

2/ If I need to change train : can I do it after I bought the reservation fee on the Interrail website? If yes, how can I do it?

3/ Can we select the seat in order to have a window? aisle? or solo?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 12 February 2023, 15:33

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

1/ Is the reservation fee, bought on Interrail website, refundable?

That depends on the train. Some are refundable, others are not.

2/ If I need to change train : can I do it after I bought the reservation fee on the Interrail website? If yes, how can I do it?

If it is possible, it's usually via the operator.

3/ Can we select the seat in order to have a window? aisle? or solo?

Not if you book via Interrail. But often you can if you book via the operator. See this overview:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@1. Hardly ever-in most cases it will be CHANgeable to other train, but only if done before original has left-so they can in theory sell that seat again. IF allow payback, there is also most often a substantial fee for handling to pay-leaving very little for you.

The DB/german INland RES for 4,50 are lost when you do not turn up. Many bisnispeople unsure what time their oso imprtt meeting ends or how long the saufen afters last-make several such RES just to cover that

@3.alas-word of warning-many seats that are non-aisle will not have a window beside them-it may simply be you hit that seat right beside the wide stills (metal). On hi-speed lines most views are marred anyway by sound-shields along the tracks.