Solved

TGV seat reservations

• 21 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge
  • Full steam ahead
  • 30 replies

We have ‘15Days in 2 months 2nd Class’ Eurail Global Pass and had reserved our seats with Eurail. Eurail in turn bought the reservation via Belgium National Railways.  We will be travelling from Paris to Frankfurt by TGV INOUI 9551 - 2. CLASS and the seats was automatically allocated. Change we change or select seats?

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 21 June 2023, 13:57

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Not sure if you can. You could call +32 2 801 90 10 and ask.

Badge

Hi Rvdborgt,

I suspect I can’t. I understand our TGV train is a double decker and some mentioned online that upper deck is better. My wife and I were assigned adjacent seats but in lower deck and interested in upper deck. I might leave thing as such but will contact the number you provided if I have time.

May I ask for your advice for absolute must do’s and don’ts with using Eurail Pass and Eurail Mobile app?

I am very grately that you responded to all of my posts, and thank you for your time and support.

Kind regards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Upper deck is not necessarily better. Depends on your preferences, lower deck is usually much quieter, less crowded (less seats) has no passing passengers on their way to the bar and has better accessibility.

The bar coach is on the upper deck, freely accesible, if you want to stay there for a bit.

The only real must do with the Eurail (mobile) pass is not to activate the pass, or travel days in advance. Just wait until a couple of minutes before boarding the train. You never know you want to replan last minute.