Solved

The vanishing ÖBB NightJet train from Paris to Berlin

• 12 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Interrailers,

I have a sleeper reservation for the ÖBB NightJet on Thu 16 May from Paris to Berlin. Lucky me, you may say. Well, that’s what i thought too, until the train suddenly disappeared off the timetable.

No notification from ÖBB. I emailed them 3 days ago, when i found out, but not a peep.

Nor have they surreptitiously refunded the money.

Now, there have been rumblings in the press here in France about ÖBB canceling 2 out of 3 NightJets, so i reckon i have cause for concern…

Anyone else having issues with the NightJets of late ?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 13 April 2024, 00:22

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The nightjet from France leaves from Strasbourg to Berlin on the 16th of May.

Userlevel 1

Thanks Anna. Nobody told me - least of all my booking data.

When i booked it, there were 3 departures from Paris every week.

I’m still waiting for a reply from ÖBB, I can take a TGV to Strasbourg for an extra 12€, but will they have kept my sleeper? I doubt it. It would have been nice if they had informed me about the change.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks Anna. Nobody told me - least of all my booking data.

When i booked it, there were 3 departures from Paris every week.

I’m still waiting for a reply from ÖBB, I can take a TGV to Strasbourg for an extra 12€, but will they have kept my sleeper? I doubt it. It would have been nice if they had informed me about the change.

You'll probably be notified at some point. They're in any case obliged to offer an alternative without extra costs. In fact, SNCF is because they are the operator of this train in France.

The TGV reservation is €10 if you book on raileurope.com (desktop website only), or free of charge if you book at an SNCF ticket office: if you live in France, you're entitled to a free "parcours d’approche” reservation.