Solved

Train Connections in the Rail Planner app

Userlevel 2
Badge

I hope this is okay to ask here.

I have a new phone and am moving my plans for Interrail from old phone. I have the rail planner app but no way to transfer planned trips, so am starting again.

I had a trip planned from Vilnius to Bialystok on 23rd August. After doing research it seemed this train now ran daily at 12.10, and changing in Mockava.

I can not find that journey in the app now and am getting concerned after making reservations.

I am wondering if there might be an issue with the app. I added in the via Mockava and I get returns on the journey but all are dated July 6th. A list of 5 journeys, all that date.

I tried searching Vilnius to Mockava - thinking I’d split the journey - and get a list of 5 returns, all dated 6th July.

I have checked with PKP and this journey exists.

Even if that journey had been removed from the pass it would still show?

Something up with the app? I’ve asked on twitter but have had no answers.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 6 July 2023, 18:58

View original

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I had a trip planned from Vilnius to Bialystok on 23rd August. After doing research it seemed this train now ran daily at 12.10, and changing in Mockava.

I can not find that journey in the app now and am getting concerned after making reservations.

No need to worry. This train is planned to run daily indeed and you have reservations so you're fine. The timetable Vilnius-Mockava is currently missing, I suppose because the Lithuanian timetable was missing in the dataset used for the current app version. It will probably show up in a next version.

I am wondering if there might be an issue with the app. I added in the via Mockava and I get returns on the journey but all are dated July 6th. A list of 5 journeys, all that date.

I tried searching Vilnius to Mockava - thinking I’d split the journey - and get a list of 5 returns, all dated 6th July.

I also see that and not just with this one journey. It seems any date mentioned in the planner results will now show as "6 July” (or maybe the current date). E.g. if you look for Wien-Salzburg before midnight at a random future (!) date and then tap on "Later” until you get a departure after midnight.

@Mukhammad @Camilo. this looks like a bug.

Userlevel 2
Badge

No need to worry. This train is planned to run daily indeed and you have reservations so you're fine. The timetable Vilnius-Mockava is currently missing, I suppose because the Lithuanian timetable was missing in the dataset used for the current app version. It will probably show up in a next version.

I also see that and not just with this one journey. It seems any date mentioned in the planner results will now show as "6 July” (or maybe the current date). E.g. if you look for Wien-Salzburg before midnight at a random future (!) date and then tap on "Later” until you get a departure after midnight.

@Mukhammad @Camilo. this looks like a bug.

Thankyou, @rvdborgt.

I don’t yet have a reservation for the train, just accomodation in Poland. I should get on and start reserving trains but, according to PKP, there is plenty of seats right now.

Good to know that there is indeed an issue with the app. I added the journey in manually for now.

I was looking forward to that journey more than most so glad to have that sorted.

I’ve had most of this trip booked for a couple of months now. I suppose this is the joys of travelling across Europe. Getting past glitches :)

Thanks again.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @rvdborgt 

This is not happening to me. Could you please send a screenshot? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sure. Here I asked for a journey Wien-Salzburg for tomorrow and tapped a few times on Later/Später:

And here's Mockava-Bialystok, also for tomorrow:

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Sure. Here I asked for a journey Wien-Salzburg for tomorrow and tapped a few times on Later/Später:

And here's Mockava-Bialystok, also for tomorrow:

Are you sure the App is updated to the latest version? 

For me it appears as following: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have version 31.6.0 for Android. No updates are shown in the appstore. Restarting my phone didn't change anything.

Userlevel 2
Badge

For me it appears as following: 

If it helps I have 31.6.0 and am getting similar results as rvdborgt for the Wien - Salzburg journey.

I tested it by searching for that journey on 14th Sep. As you can see it shows journeys as 6th Jul (today).

No updates scheduled on Play for Rail Planner. I have uninstalled and reinstalled once today.

Here’s a search for a journey from Warsaw to Berlin. Same date issue.

Although, when i open one of the journeys under 6th July it does say it is for 15th Sept. And if I add the journey to my trips it shows the right date.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I will follow up with the App team. Thank you! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi @nidriks @rvdborgt,

I've just received an update from the relevant team. This issue has been fixed on the Rail Planner App 31.7.0 on Android, thus it applies for the newest version on iOS. Please update to the latest version of the app to see if it's been corrected.

Have a nice day!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I've just received an update from the relevant team. This issue has been fixed on the Rail Planner App 31.7.0 on Android, thus it applies for the newest version on iOS. Please update to the latest version of the app to see if it's been corrected.

I can confirm it has been fixed in 31.7.0 on Android.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @nidriks @rvdborgt,

Have a nice day!

Yep, fixed on Android. The dates are correct on the planner again. Thanks.

@Mukhammad Do you know when the train from Vilnius to Mockava will be added back on to the app? It currently has only the Mockava to Poland part of that service currently.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Good morning @nidriks,

I can see the train from Vilnius to Mockava is on the app, on the newest version.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Mukhammad The train is indeed included again. Also the IC Mockava-Kraków is in the app. However, it doesn't find any connection from Vilnius to any of the stations in Warsaw or Białystok or Kraków. Something's not working there.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Mukhammad The train is indeed included again. Also the IC Mockava-Kraków is in the app. However, it doesn't find any connection from Vilnius to any of the stations in Warsaw or Białystok or Kraków. Something's not working there.

@rvdborgt Yes, that's true unfortunately. This must be due to the discrepancy of data sent to the timetable centre, as the connection between Vilnius and Warsaw/Krakow is partly operated by LTG and PKP.

So far, I can only advise to split the journey between Vilnius to Mockava/Trakiszki and from Mockava/Trakiszki to Warsaw/Krakow.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@rvdborgt Yes, that's true unfortunately. This must be due to the discrepancy of data sent to the timetable centre, as the connection between Vilnius and Warsaw/Krakow is partly operated by LTG and PKP.

So far, I can only advise to split the journey between Vilnius to Mockava/Trakiszki and from Mockava/Trakiszki to Warsaw/Krakow.

Thanks @Mukhammad.

The full train did used to be on the app. I had it added on a trip on my old phone (I had Vilnius to Bialystok added).

At least I can add in the full journey now though. Thanks. Appreciate you looking in to things.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The full train did used to be on the app. I had it added on a trip on my old phone (I had Vilnius to Bialystok added).

Indeed. And the DB planner shows it as a through train. Something is off. Maybe no connection time has been defined for Mockava.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Thanks @Mukhammad.

At least I can add in the full journey now though. Thanks. Appreciate you looking in to things.

Indeed. And the DB planner shows it as a through train. Something is off. Maybe no connection time has been defined for Mockava.

Yes, I do agree. I'll still report this to the product team if this whole connection can be produced in the App. But it might take quite a slow process since it will involve the carries.

I do appreciate all of you @nidriks & @rvdborgt to have a discussion about this matter.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks @Mukhammad.

Yes, I do agree. I'll still report this to the product team if this whole connection can be produced in the App. But it might take quite a slow process since it will involve the carries.

I do appreciate all of you @nidriks & @rvdborgt to have a discussion about this matter.

No worries. Thanks for looking in to it.

Being able to add the Vilnius-Mockava leg of the journey in is enough for me to proceed.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@nidriks Great! Let me know if there's something else I can do for you related to the matter :)

Have a safe and nice trip!